Brighten Up Your Cocktail Hour With These DIY Neon Coasters and Cocktail Stirrers
With all the brights we’re seeing in weddings right now, it’s only right to accessorize your summer cocktails with punchy neon accessories. Gather the supplies for neon coasters and frilly stirrers for a DIY-inspired bridal shower activity, or make a set of coasters to gift to your bridesmaids. For extra party flair, use neon ink to stamp happy hour-worthy sayings onto cocktail napkins. (We love these happy hour stamps from A Sensible Habit). Then cut up limes, watermelon and oranges, and freeze in ice cube trays to make a colorful splash in your cocktail (may we suggest the Tequila Sunrise Punch?). See how to make these tequila buzz-worthy projects for your soiree below!
Cork coasters, WidgetCo
Neon acrylic paint
Vinyl letters and dot stickers
Washi tape, The Knot Shop
Krylon Crystal Clear acrylic coating
1. Apply stickers or painters tape to cork coaster.
2. Use a sponge brush to dab on paint.
3. Wait until paint dries, then carefully peel off stickers or tape.
4. Spray with an acrylic coating to make the coasters water-resistant.
5. Start the cocktail stirrer by cutting a piece of tissue 5-inch wide by 1.5-inch tall.
6. Make 1-inch cuts into the tissue along the long side of the rectangle.
7. Roll the uncut side over the end of your bamboo skewer and secure with washi tape.