7 Sunscreens That Won’t Stain Your Wedding Dress
If you’re having an outdoor wedding, don’t forget sunscreen. And the trick to finding a sunscreen that won’t stain your dress is to use one without avobenzone in it, according to Debra Jaliman, MD, author of Skin Rules. “The avobenzone tends to cause that horrible yellowing, especially if you’re wearing white,” she says. With her help, we rounded up seven sunscreens that won’t ruin your gown, turn your skin white or slide off after 20 minutes.
1. SPF 50 Mineral LotionThis one is broad spectrum (meaning it protects you from the sun’s UVA rays and UVB rays), has a high SPF and doesn’t feel greasy when you put it on. And an awesome bonus? It’s full of antioxidants, like green tea and pomegranate extract, that are great for your skin.
Shop It Here: Mineral Lotion for Face and Body, $34, MDSolarSciences, Sephora.com
2. Pure & Free Liquid Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50We love this one because it has a high SPF and it doesn't have a shiny finish, which means it's perfect for wearing under your makeup.
Shop It Here: Pure & Free Liquid Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50, $13, Neutrogena.com
3. Natural Mineral Sunscreen SPF 40The best thing about this sunscreen? It goes on clear, so you don't have to spend a lot of time rubbing it in. It’s also enriched with Hydresia, which means it gives your skin a bunch of extra moisture.
Shop It Here: Mineral Sunscreen SPF 40, $17, KissMyFace.com
4. SPF 30 LotionIf you’re looking for a sunkissed glow, this is the one for you. This lotion is packed with walnut and jojoba oils that will give you that glow-y look while still protecting you from the sun. We love the fresh and light scent too (and that it doesn’t feel greasy when you put it on!).
Shop It Here: SPF 30 Lotion, $36, HamptonSunCare.com
5. Sport SPF 35 Citrus MimosaThis citrus mimosa scented sunscreen is perfect for a beach wedding. It smells amazing and it’s made with organic beeswax and coconut oil for an extra boost of hydration.
Shop It Here: Sport SPF 35 Citrus Mimosa, $36, CoolaSuncare.com
6. Skin Soothing Mineral Sunscreen SPF 40If you have sensitive skin (or issues with rosacea), this is perfect for you. It’s made with olive oil polyphenols and can reduce the appearance of redness and inflammation. It’s also very light on your skin and won’t leave any residue.
Shop It Here: Skin Soothing Mineral Sunscreen SPF 40, $28, Supergoop, Sephora.com
7. Tropical Sands SPF 30 LotionThis one is packed with antioxidants like green tea extract. It’s also eco-friendly and nonallergenic (but we still recommend trying any new product at least two months before your wedding day just in case).
Shop It Here: Tropical Sands SPF 30 Lotion, $18, MexitanProducts.com
Want more? Right here!