7 Ways Kanye West Was a Groomzilla at His Wedding
So, we kind of figured that Kanye West would be a tiny bit of a groomzilla. And who really knows what happened at Kimye’s wedding, since cell phones and social media were banned and the only unofficial pictures are blurry and from questionable paparazzi.
But what happens in Italy may not have stayed in Italy, since Page Six‘s insider account of the wedding makes the term “groomzilla” seem a little too nice, since Kanye reportedly planned the whole event. Even if this report isn’t true, get some popcorn and settle in, because this “spy’s” tales are highly amusing and 100 percent amazing.
1. The spy noted that the couple didn’t want anything to be in view of the “accessible” part of Fort Belvedere (read: visible to the public), so an easy solution was to hire a crane to lift everything used in the wedding up 230 feet and place it on a hill.
2. It gets better, though. One of the objects hoisted up was a 49-foot gold box that contained the toilets. Page Six reports that one Italian said, “Their toilet was the star of the show.”
3. Because place cards just won’t do, each guest’s name was engraved into the long marble dinner table — but some names were reportedly spelled wrong. Whoops – you can’t exactly re-engrave marble!
4. Thirty life-size nude marble custom-made statues were also ordered, but due to major damage in transit, only six were suitable to use. Kanye didn’t like where they were placed, though, and had them moved two hours before the wedding with a forklift. Side note — each statue weighed half a ton.
5. Kanye also didn’t like the fact that there were 80 moving lights lighting the dance floor and ordered them to all be removed. The spy noted that he said, “I’m in the center of this party, and I’m the only one people need to see. The rest of these people don’t need lights on them.” The lights, that took four days to hang, were then taken down.
6. The groom found fault with the white bar that was in front of the gold toilet box, so he did what any rational person would do: Grab a saw, and start sawing while screaming at people. He instructed wood to be attached to the front of the bar, and when he was done “fixing” it, he said, “Now it’s art.”
7. A $136,000 European audio system was also installed at the venue, but Kanye didn’t like how it looked and said, “You Italians don’t understand my minimalist style.” The system disappeared and guests listened to music on an iPod until after dinner.
Want more? Right here!