You Won’t Believe What Happened When These Wedding Crashers Got Caught by the Bride!

Wedding Crashers: ABC / TheKnot.com ABC

Let this be a lesson to wedding crashers everywhere: Never crash a wedding without being prepared to be called out by the bride and groom on Facebook and have your picture show up on a local news channel. No, really.

An anonymous wedding-crashing couple could have really used Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn’s help when they decided to eat, drink and dance the night away at Krista Lamlin and Andrew Reilly’s Jan. 18 wedding in Pennsylvania. The bride noticed the out-of-place couple at her reception at the Valley Forge Casino and Radisson Hotel when they were sitting with her family members.

“They were sitting at a table where it was just my cousins. I knew who I had sat at that table and knew they didn’t belong,” Krista told a local news station.

The hotel had the crashers escorted from the venue, but when Krista and Andrew saw the bold couple popping up in their wedding photos (even posing, waving and smiling for some!), they wanted to know who they were.

“We wanted to know if there was malicious intent or if they just wanted to party,” she says. So, she posted a picture of the duo on her local ABC News channel’s Facebook page and they eventually stepped forward to admit that their decision was all in fun, apologized and offered to buy her a wedding gift. Although Krista refused and accepted their apology, she’s upset that they’re in so many of her photos reserved for family and friends.

“I didn’t ever want to get them in trouble. I apologized to them for calling them out, but I did want to get the message out there that it wasn’t okay to do,” Krista says.

What do you think, Knotties? Would you have done the same?

Want more? Right here!

8 celebrity wedding crashers

A villa at Sunstone Vineyards wedding in Santa Ynez, California

A Biltmore Estate wedding in Asheville, North Carolina

Wedding Exit With Sparklers
Goodbye, The Knot Blog (We've Moved!)
How Long Did You Date Before Getting Engaged | blog.theknot.com
Hot Topic: How Long Should You Date Before Getting E...
Zoe Saldana poses at the 2015 Oscars
See the Surprising Oscars Wedding Ring Trend We Weren't&n...
What to Do If Your Fiance Doesn't 'Get' Wedding Etiquette | Beautiful Day Photography | blog.theknot.com
What to Do if Your Fiance Doesn't "Get" Wedding Etiq...
Lady Gaga and Taylor Kinney pose on the red carpet
Lady Gaga and Taylor Kinney's Engagement Was Surprisingly...
  • 04/29/14 at 02:49

Id kill! Oh man, they would rue the day.

• 04/30/14 at 06:14

Just madness, how can people do this sort of thing, turn up without knowing anyone for free drinks and food. They should be put to shame.

• kristina
    05/06/14 at 01:20

We had randos at our wedding and it really was not a big deal. My husband and I laugh seeing these people in our pictures–our wedding was a blast so I don’t blame people for enjoying it!

• Ms Chelley
    05/06/14 at 01:21

I find it amusing to a degree, but would not want this to happen at my wedding. As for the photos, may be the couple needs to pay for the time wasted by the photographer.

• Denise
    05/06/14 at 01:21

She took it easy on them. I would have gotten their butts in trouble, they ruined photos and ruined the big day. Its wrong and they were not authorized to be at their ceremony.

• Morgan Kidwell
    05/06/14 at 01:23

Oh it was all in good fun. I would accept the gift, but I wouldn’t be terribly upset. They didn’t ruin anything major, all they wanted was a night out. You just have to let some things go, who knows you might become friends with them.

• Maddison
    05/06/14 at 04:16

If they wanted a night out and drinks, they should’ve gone to the club. I’d KILL them. lol

• Nakita
    05/06/14 at 01:50

With the cost of feeding them and their drinks I would have done the same plus given them a bill for what they ate/drank! Weddings are expensive enough..having a rude couple decide to have a night out on the bride and groom is NOT okay in any circumstance! Furthermore, they ruined several of the wedding photos and the guests were sitting among ‘stranger dangers’ Sorry but you don’t know who/what these kind of people are!

Wedding crashing needs to be exposed! And yes–any bride who spends hours working on the tedious seating charts will know immediately when someone is out of place so wedding crashers beware! you will be caught as soon as the bride does her rounds!

• 05/06/14 at 01:54

OMG! I would be so mad if I had wedding crashers. I would totally call them out… post their photos every where. If they offered to pay me back I would be so mad… take the money and then some. Ruining family photos is an absolute NO! You can apologize/take back things that have been captured on film. I will have wedding crasher escorted out by police (I’ll invite a few police friends to the wedding) :P

• Nicole
    05/06/14 at 01:57

as long as they showed up after dinner I wouldn’t mind!

• Nycole
    05/06/14 at 02:40

I normally don’t respond to these posts…But since I’m in the planning phase of my wedding I know how much 2 guest at an average wedding can cost around $100-150 depending on the venue… I’d have accepted their gift AND the apology and moved on. I hope I have sensible people on my day, but you never know.

• Kim
    05/06/14 at 03:05

Considering the facts that I’ve never been to a wedding where everyone who RSVPed actually showed up, and that they probably paid for the food for a final
    Number of guests before these folks crashed, I think it’s an over reaction.

They didn’t crash the posed pictures of the wedding party and family, the pictures you typically see framed around the house. there are just a couple random people in some group shots for the night. Let them but you a gift if you’re upset, but it doesn’t seem like a huge deal.

I doubt they paid anything extra for these people to eat (if they even ate) -if anything they may for some drinks IF they had an open bar. So let them send you a gift card. Doesn’t seem like any real harm was done.

• Kate
    05/07/14 at 09:36

Its really not a big deal lol people take their weddings way too seriously. It should be fun! After the fact your wedding isn’t what matters its your marriage. Put all the effort and energy into your marriage not “outing” crashers lol they’d probably be fun friends to have! I’d rather have a friend who would crash a wedding than a friend who would be offended and make a huge deal about the crasher

• Abby
    05/13/14 at 03:14

I actually think we would post looking for them – or find them at the venue and find out who they are. BUT it wouldn’t be to kick them out!

As others have pointed out – they probably ended up eating food and having drinks of no-shows aka – stuff that is already paid for !

And we would get a picture with them…frame that shit and put it on my shelf in my office – so when people ask who they are -“Oh yeah, that’s Dan and Katie – the couple that crashed our wedding!”

• Paige
    05/27/14 at 11:47

I would love it, I like silly things like that. As long as they didn’t start any trouble, it would make a good laugh. It would make for some great wedding story, that would def out way all of the stress that happens that day. who knows you could have a new friend