5 Questions We Have For Johnny Depp Regarding His Odd Engagement Ring Comments
When we spotted Johnny Depp rocking a man-gagement ring prior to his wedding, we thought he might be able to make it a trend. However, after hearing his latest comments about his new bling (which was actually meant for Amber Heard), we’re not so sure that most grooms would be on board with the idea. At a promotional event in Beijing, Johnny was asked whether he was engaged or not, and he replied, “The fact that I’m wearing a chick’s ring on my finger is probably a dead giveaway. Not very subtle.”
Johnny was indeed wearing a feminine (and huge) round cut diamond engagement ring on his ring finger at the event, and US Weekly reported that the first engagement ring he gave Amber was “too big for her, so he started wearing it.”
Johnny also stated that he’s not the right person to talk to when it comes to wedding plans. “I think that I would be better at making women’s shoes than I would be at wedding planning. I can’t plan anything. I’m really bad at that stuff.”
Well Johnny, we don’t doubt that you’re cool and talented, but we do have a few questions regarding your possible future in designing women’s footwear and ring decisions.
1. Since it looks like you went ring shopping for Amber without knowing her ring size, was it too much of a hassle to go to the jeweler and get it resized? We know you’re a busy guy, but buying a new engagement ring instead of fixing the old one isn’t the most frugal choice.
2. Or, was the ring too big in the sense that it was too big of a stone for Amber’s taste? Even then, her current engagement ring is pretty massive and is also a round-cut diamond, so we’re just really confused. Answers please, Johnny.
3. Are you going to wear this gorgeous diamond ring forever? Or do you have a wedding band for your wedding day? And if so, where’s the ring going after that?
4. We do love your fashion sense, so actually, we’re a little intrigued by the suggestion that you could be adept at designing women’s shoes. Possible career move?
5. And just a friendly suggestion — if you’re going to wear Amber’s first engagement ring, do not call it a “chick ring.” You are a man and you’re wearing it, so it’s a man-gagement ring. Repeat after us—man-gagement ring.
Want more? Right here!