8 Dangerously Delicious Fall Wedding Cocktails
Mix up a cozy fall cocktail for your reception, engagement party or last-minute DIY dash with the bridesmaids (they deserve it!). Slice up seasonal garnishes like apple, pumpkin, fig or pear and put your mixology skills to the test. For the novice bartender, simply follow the recipes below to make a tasty autumn-inspired wedding cocktail!
The Bufala Negra
Perfect for the Southern wedding…or if you just love bourbon!
2. To make the Bufala Negra, muddle the balsamic syrup and basil leaves together in a shaker. Add the bourbon and lots of ice, then shake well. Strain into a tumbler filled with fresh ice, then top with ginger beer and garnish with more basil.
Recipe from: Oh So Beautiful Paper
Apple Cider Margarita
For a fiesta wedding set in the fall, here’s a tequila-based cider drink that will get everyone on the dance floor.
1. Add a few spoonfuls of cane sugar, coarse sugar and cinnamon to a plate. Run an orange segment around the edge of the glass, then press into the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat the rim.
2. Add a few orange slices in the bottom of the glass, fill with ice, then add the Grand Marnier, tequila and apple cider and stir to mix.
3. Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks.
Recipe from: Party Favorites
Vanilla & Pear Vodka Cocktail
Who wouldn’t want to sip this? A crowd-pleasing cocktail that’s equally fit for a reception and a bridal shower.
12 oz (1.5 cups) pear juice
6 oz vodka
½ vanilla bean, seeds scraped
Vanilla sugar, for rim
1 cup ice, plus more to serve over
1. Mix pear juice and vodka in a pitcher or shaker.
2. Split upen the vanilla bean and scrape the seeds into the juice and vodka. Add 1 cup ice, then give it a good shake.
3. Pour into cocktail glasses over ice and serve with sugared rim.
Recipe from: Two Tarts
Mixed Berry & Fig Old Fashioned
Need to get the party started at a bachelorette party? Don’t let the fruity garnishes fool you– this hearty drink is equal parts pretty and strong.
Recipe from: The Boys Club
Sparkling Vanilla A-Pear-Atif
Traditional bubbly gets a makeover with pear puree and an extra splash of liqueur.
1. Make the pear puree by blending a peeled and seeded ripe pear. Note: you can use pear nectar for a sweeter cocktail.
2. Add the strained pear puree and Liquor 43 to a flute glass. Stir to combine.
3. Top with chilled Cava, garnish and enjoy.
Recipe from: The Kitchn
Classic Mamie Taylor Cocktail
Make your uncles happy with a fully-loaded Scotch cocktail at your reception.
Recipe from: The Kitchn
Apple Cinnamon Whiskey
Turn up the fun factor in that wedding planning budget meeting with your fiance with spiked apple cider (served hot or cold)!
Recipe from: Wedding Bells
Pumpkin Old Fashioned
Add pumpkin to the drinks menu of your rustic wedding with a fall-themed Old-Fashioned!
2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
1 ½ oz bourbon
1 oz maple syrup
½ oz Grand Marnier
Dash orange bitters
Orange peel twist, for garnish
1. Combine pumpkin puree, bourbon, syrup, Grand Marnier and bitters in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
2. Shake well and strain through a fine mesh strainer into a chilled old fashioned glass filled with fresh ice.
3. Garnish with orange twist.
Recipe from: Saveur
See more cocktail ideas for your wedding!