10 Things Every Bride Should Have According To Oscar
Don’t forget to check these things off your list! Fashion great Mr. Oscar de la Renta shares his must-haves for every bride-to-be. We agree!
Photos (from top left): Kurt Wilberding; Brian Doben; Elizabeth Messina, Antonis Achilleos; Dan Lecca, Thinkstock
2. A dress you’re totally in love with: Remember that your opinion is the only one that matters when it comes to what you are going to wear.
3. A train: It adds wonder and a sense of drama.
4. Some texture: I have a great appreciation for texture — lace or embroidery — in a wedding gown. It always looks fantastic in photographs.
5. A veil: I love this very traditional bridal accessory. It also gives your father something to do.
6. A signature scent: Scent has a very powerful connection to memory. The fragrance you wear for your wedding will be an extraordinary reminder of that day.
7. Stephanotis: It’s sometimes called the “bridal veil” flower, and it has the most romantic smell.
8. “Something Blue“: It’s a custom worth keeping. I’ve always sewn a little blue ribbon inside my wedding dresses for good luck.
9. A confident walk: On your wedding day and always.
10. A great romance: What’s more divine than being madly in love?
Want more? Be sure to check out our latest issue on stands now!