Planks to Flatten Your Abs! #FitnessFriday
This week’s #FitnessFriday is about flattening your abs and strengthening your core. Don’t worry — our fitness expert and founder of Bridalicious Bootcamp, Doug Rice is back this week to help.
This week’s question comes from bride-to-be Iris:
Doug, suggests an “up-down plank” to help flatten your abs. Follow the instructions below and watch the video for more exercises that will also help trim your waist line.
What You’ll Need
- You don’t need any equipment — just a mat or a soft, carpeted area and your own body weight!
How To Do It
- Lie on your stomach with your legs straight, feet together and forearms on the ground underneath your chest. Clench your fists.
- Draw in your belly button and squeeze your booty muscles.
- Lift your body off the floor and form straight line from head to toe, keeping your forearms on the ground.
- Lift your right forearm off the ground and into a push-up position with your hand on the ground and your arm extended; follow by doing the same on the left side. Then return your right forearm to the ground; follow with the left forearm.
- Keep straightening your arms and immediately returning to your elbows one side at a time in an up-and-down movement.
- Continue as rapidly as possible for 20 seconds. Rest for 10 seconds and then repeat for a total of eight times.