An Arm-Toning Workout That Really Works? #FitnessFriday
We’re kicking off our first #FitnessFriday by answering your top workout questions and suggesting the best ways to get in shape for the wedding. Actually, we’re not the experts on fitness by any means — so it’s a good thing we have fitness expert, Doug Rice (founder of Bridalicious Bootcamp) here to help!
This week’s question is all about toning up those arms:
Arm-toning workouts are one of the most popular when it comes to toning up for the wedding day. For a total arm workout, Doug suggests a Front Shoulder Raise to “T” Curl Up Exercise. Follow the instructions below and watch the video for even more moves that work!
What You’ll Need
- A set of 5- to 8-pound hand weights
How To Do It
- Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart. Hold your hand weights in front of your thighs, palms facing your body.
- Raise the weights directly in front of you up to shoulder level, keeping your arms extended.
- Keep your arms at shoulder level and move them back so that they’re lined up with your shoulders and your body forms a “T.”
- Lower the weights down to your sides and then perform a biceps curl by bending your arms at the elbows and bringing the weights up toward your shoulders.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat for 20 repetitions.
Tweet your questions at @theknot and @bridalicious using the hashtag #FitnessFriday to have a chance to have your questions featured.